PUBLISHED IN THE CLAREMORE DAILY PROGRESS, CLAREMORE, OKLAHOMA, MARCH 15, 2013.
NOTICE OF REGULAR MEETING
BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS FOR ROGERS COUNTY, OKLAHOMA
PLACE: Rogers County Courthouse, 219 South Missouri, Room 1-109, Claremore, Oklahoma
DATE & TIME: Monday, March 4, 2013, at 9:00 O’clock A.M.
***CONSIDERATION, DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION TO BE TAKEN ON THE FOLLOWING LISTED ITEMS ON THE AGENDA:
ITEM 1: CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order at 9:01 by Chairman Thacker.
ITEM 2: ROLL CALL TO ESTABLISH QUORUM:
Determine that Notice of Meeting and Agenda were properly posted in accordance with the Oklahoma Open Meeting Act. Chairman Kirt Thacker, Commissioner Dan DeLozier, and Commissioner Mike Helm were present and quorum established and determined that Notice of Meeting and Agenda were properly posted in accordance with the Oklahoma Open Meeting Act.
ITEM 3: PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE: Commissioner DeLozier led the salute and Pledge of Allegiance to the American flag.
ITEM 4: INVOCATION: Commissioner Helm said a prayer.
ITEM 5: APPROVE/DISAPPROVE MINUTES: February 25, 2013 - Commissioner Helm made a motion to approve the minutes and Chairman Thacker seconded the motion. Roll call: Thacker-aye, DeLozier – aye, Helm-aye. Motion carried.
ITEM 6: ANNOUNCEMENTS: Chairman Thacker read an email addressed to the Commissioner’s office and County Clerk Robin Anderson’s office from RCB regarding the excess use tax. The amount is $109,284.74.
ITEM 7: UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
Recommendation of the Rogers County Courthouse Recommendations Committee regarding addressing of the new courthouse – (Chairman Thacker and Judge Condren) - There were no members present from the committee so there was no action taken.
ITEM 8: ZONING: None presented.
ITEM 9: PLATS: Public hearing with discussion and possible action on the request of Preliminary Plat Approval for Scalone Acres. Applicant: Scalone Properties, LLC. Current Zoning: C-4. LEGAL DESCRIPTION: THE WEST 330.0 FEET OF THE EAST 2640.0 FEET OF THE NORTH 637.74 FEET OF THE NORTH HALF OF THE NORTHEAST QUARTER (N/2 NE/4) OF SECTION ELEVEN (11), TOWNSHIP TWENTY—ONE (21) NORTH, RANGE FOURTEEN (14) EAST OF THE INDIAN BASE AND MERIDIAN, ROGERS COUNTY, OKLAHOMA. ACCORDING TO THE U.S. GOVERNMENT SURVEY THEREOF, LESS THE NORTH 33.0 FEET DEDICATED FOR ROADWAY PURPOSES. AND LESS THAT PORTION CONVEYED TO THE STATE OF OKLAHOMA BY WARRANTY DEED RECORDED IN BOOK 1682, PAGE 379 – Commissioner Helm explained this is an indoor soccer complex. There will be no lagoon and the DEQ is supportive of it. The planning commission approved 7-0. Commissioner Helm made a motion to approve and Chairman Thacker seconded the motion. Roll call: Thacker- aye, DeLozier – aye, Helm-aye. Motion carried.
ITEM 10: ROADS & BRIDGES: None presented.
ITEM 11: CASH FUND ESTIMATE OF NEEDS & REQUEST FOR APPROPRIATIONS: None presented.
ITEM 12: TRANSFER OF FUNDS:
1. District 2 – 82ST-110 Salaries to 82ST-400 Capital Outlay - $100,000.00
2. Sheriff – 04CF-113 Part-time Salaries and 04CF-400 Capital Outlay to 04CF-200
M&O - $15,000.00
3. General Government- 20-200 to 20-402 Building Improvement - $5505.00
Commissioner Helm made a motion to approve Items 1-3 and Chairman Thacker seconded the motion. Roll call: Thacker-aye, DeLozier – aye, Helm-aye. Motion carried.
ITEM 13: UTILITY PERMITS:
1. AT &T, trenching, beginning approximately 240’ South of the Northwest Corner of Township 21 North, Range 15 East, Section 6; from 14.5’ East of Centerline, then buried North approximately 5 feet. (District 3)
2. Chelsea Gas Authority, boring, Township 23 North, Range 17 East, Section 31, SE/4 and
Township 22 North, Range 17 East, Section 6, NE/4 or 16495 E. 410 Road. (District 1)
3. Rural Water District No. 3, Rogers County, boring, to cross North 177th E. Ave., approximately 1077 feet south of the Northeast corner of Section 23, Township 21 North, Range 14 East. (D 2) Commissioner Helm made a motion to approve Items 1 – 3 and Commissioner DeLozier seconded the motion. Roll call: Thacker-aye, DeLozier – aye, Helm-aye. Motion carried.
ITEM 14: CLAIMS: None presented.
2. Attendant Care
ITEM 15: BLANKET PURCHASE ORDERS:
1. Material, Supplies, Parts, Groceries & Prescriptions –
District 3 to Lowe’s - $500.00
District 3 to American Waste Control - $1000.00
District 3 to American Waste Control - $500.00
District 3 to Pixley Lumber - $300.00
District 3 to Wal-mart - $100.00
District 1 to R&S Auto Parts - $350.00
District 1 to American Waste Control - $750.00
Emergency Management to Froman - $500.00
E-911 to Froman - $400.00
Chairman Thacker made a motion to approve blanket purchase orders as presented and Commissioner DeLozier seconded the motion. Roll call: Thacker-aye, DeLozier – aye, Helm-aye. Motion carried.
2. Orders Exceeding Amount of Issuance – None presented.
ITEM 16: GRANTS: None presented.
1TEM 17: PAYMENT REQUISITION – CONSTRUCTION FUND – RCB BANK, TRUSTEE: None presented.
ITEM 18: AGENDA ITEMS:
1. Update by BKL, Inc., and Flintco regarding Courthouse and E911 Center Projects – B. J. Fay, Flintco, stated they are doing special inspections on the courthouse and testing the fire doors. We are currently running under budget. At the 911 Center, work is being done on the dirtwork and building pad. Kim Reeves, BKL, updated the board they would be closing out the job soon and anticipating doing the punch list on the courthouse.
2. Presentation by Happy Time Vending, owner Justin White, for vending services at new Rogers County Courthouse ( Commissioner’s office) – Justin White, Happy Time Vending, 13284 E. 510 Road, Claremore gave a presentation to the board regarding his vending services. Discussion was held regarding the fact that priority is given to blind vendors under state statute. Also, regarding bidding - it’s a supply versus a service and professional services don’t require to be bid.
3. Treasurer’s office - Resolution for disposing of equipment- 2000 CPU Gateway E-3000, serial number 0008196126 –– junked – Chairman Thacker made a motion to approve as presented and Commissioner DeLozier seconded the motion. Roll call: Thacker-aye, DeLozier – aye, Helm-aye. Motion carried.
4. Reimbursement Form as per Resolution # 2013-21 – deposit funds for inadvertent fuel reimbursement into One Cent M&O 83ST-200 - $363.48(Commissioner’s office) ***see minutes from January 22, 2013 meeting** Chairman Thacker made a motion to approve and Commissioner Helm seconded the motion. Roll call: Thacker-aye, DeLozier – aye, Helm-aye. Motion carried.
5. Discussion with possible action for the hiring of Kellogg Engineering Inc. for the creation of the plat for the E-911 Center (Larry Curtis) - Chairman Thacker made a motion to approve and Commissioner Helm seconded the motion. Roll call: Thacker-aye, DeLozier – aye, Helm-aye. Motion carried.
6. Discussion with possible action regarding Rogers County E911 - Request for Proposals for communications towers (Janet Hamilton, E911 Director) - Chairman Thacker made a motion to approve as presented and Commissioner DeLozier seconded the motion. Roll call: Thacker-aye, DeLozier – aye, Helm-aye. Motion carried.
ITEM 19: MOVING PROCEDURES INTO NEW COURTHOUSE - Human Resources Director Jenny Bentley announced that E-911 is moving this week into District 1’s Claremore office. Projected possible moving dates to move into the new courthouse for everyone is the 2nd and 3rd weeks of April. Announcements only – no action taken.
ITEM 20: ANNOUNCEMENTS REGARDING COUNTY EVENTS AND STATUS UPDATES FOR COMMENTS AND DISCUSSION FROM COUNTY DEPARTMENTS AND ELECTED OFFICIALS, AS FOLLOWS:
a.) 911 Administrator – b.) Assessor – c.) Building Operations/Maintenance d.) County Clerk e.) Court Clerk – f.) District Attorney – g.) Election Board h.) Emergency Management i.) Human Resources – j.) Information Technology k.) Inspections/Planning Commission l.) Judicial – m.) OSU Extension – n.) Sheriff o.) Treasurer
a. Janet Hamilton announced they are moving today and there is a 911 Trust Authority meeting Thursday.
j. Brett Williston indicated that Cox has finished construction and they will be 25% complete by March 25th. L. Judge O’Quin asked if she could speak at the next meeting.
ITEM 21: ACKNOWLEDGEMENT RECEIPT OF THE FOLLOWING ITEMS: None presented.
ITEM 22: PUBLIC COMMENTS AND RESPONSES FROM BOARD MEMBERS: Limited to specific items on the Agenda that are listed and discussed at this meeting and limited in duration at the discretion of the Chairman – Initially there were none. After new business was presented, Salesah Wilken, Claremore Daily Progress, asked when will the one cent election be.
ITEM 23: NEW BUSINESS:
1. Consideration and possible action with respect to any other matters not known about or which could not have been reasonably foreseen prior to posting the agenda - Commissioner Helm asked if we could move back to Agenda Item 20 – f. District Attorney. His question was to Assistant District Attorney David Iski regarding placing the one cent election issue on the agenda. Mr. Iski stated that he would be
checking into it.
ITEM 24: PAYMENT OF PURCHASE ORDERS FROM ALL DEPARTMENTS: (Materials, Supplies, Parts, Groceries & Prescriptions) Commissioner DeLozier made a motion to approve all purchase orders except #301761, #303066, and #209685 and Commissioner Helm seconded the motion. Roll call: Thacker-aye, DeLozier – aye, Helm-aye. Motion carried.
ITEM 25: RECESS OR ADJOURNMENT: Commissioner DeLozier made a motion to adjourn at 10:33 a.m. and Chairman Thacker seconded the motion. Roll call: Thacker-aye, DeLozier – aye, Helm-aye.
BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
ROGERS COUNTY, OKLAHOMA
(SEAL) Robin Anderson, Rogers County Clerk
Notice of said meeting was filed in the Office of the County Clerk on Thursday, February 28, 2013, at 2:51 p.m. and posted on the Courthouse Bulletin Board; Outside the Commissioner’s Meeting Room; on the Exterior Window at the Southeast Entrance and Front Door Entrances to the Courthouse; on the wheelchair ramp door; and on the county website.