CLAREMORE — District 2 Congressional GOP candidates George Faught and Markwayne Mullin continue to discuss their opponent’s flaws instead of the issues.
- Breaking News
Tornado hits OKC suburb, kills 51
A monstrous tornado at least a half-mile wide roared through the Oklahoma City suburbs Monday, flattening entire neighborhoods with winds up to 200 mph, setting buildings on fire and landing a direct blow on an elementary school. The State medical examiner’s office puts the death toll at 51 and is expected to rise.
Commissioners set Special Meeting to consider Road Tax vote validity
The Rogers County Commissioners set a special meeting for 1 p.m. Wednesday to determine if the May 14 One-Cent Sales tax vote should be rendered invalid.
UPDATE: Recent county tax vote could be invalid
Voters went to the polls on Tuesday passing the renewal of the Rogers County One-Cent Sales Tax, however doubts over legal publication of the election are creating concern that the election could be invalid.
County says yes to tax renewal
The Rogers County One-Cent sales tax has been renewed after voters took to the polls Tuesday in small numbers to support the measure.
Lady Cards win 4A soccer title
The Verdigris Lady Cardinals defeated Ft. Gibson 3-0 for the 4A soccer title Saturday.
FINAL: Zebras fall to Carl Albert 4-2 in 5A state baseball title game
Claremore lost to Carl Albert 4-2 in 5A baseball title game.
Verdigris wins 3A baseball championship
The Verdigris Cardinals captured the 3A baseball championship with a 7-1 an over Vian.
UPDATE: Burglary suspect in custody
Rogers County deputies have one burglary suspect in custody after they fled on foot in the Pine Valley area near Catoosa. One suspect remains at large.
UPDATE: Home made explosive devices found in Claremore home
Rogers County deputies and the Tulsa bomb squad are on the scene where several explosive devices have been found.
REGIONAL BASEBALL SCHEDULES
Three regional baseball tournaments will kick off today and Saturday in Rogers County.
The No. 1-ranked Claremore Zebras will open the Class 5A regional at 3 p.m. at Legendary Legion Field. Claremore will face the loser of Game 1 between Skiatook and McAlester, who gets the regional underway at 1 p.m. Claremore will also play the winner of Game 1 at 5 p.m.
The if necessary games will be played on Saturday at noon at Legendary Legion Field.
* The Catoosa Regional in Class 4A will continue today at 4 p.m. with an elimination game between Claremore Sequoyah and Jay. The winner of the Claremore Sequoyah/Jay game will face Catoosa at 6:30 p.m.
* The Oologah Mustangs will also open their 4A Regional at Metro Christian today. Oologah will square off with Dewey at 1:30 p.m. The first game of the regional will have Metro Christian taking on Cleveland at 11 a.m. The winner of the Metro Christian/Cleveland game will play the winner of the Oologah/Dewey game at 4 p.m.; and the losers of the first two games will battle in the night cap at 6:30 p.m.
* The Class 3A No. 1-ranked Verdigris Cardinals will host regional action today at 2 p.m. at the Verdigris Baseball Complex. Verdigris faces Adair in the opener at 2 p.m., followed by Pawhuska and Perkins-Tryon at 4 p.m. The winners of both games will then play at 6:30 p.m. and the losers will play after that at 8 p.m.
Winners of each regional tournament will advance to the State Tournament held May 9-11 in the Oklahoma City/Edmond area.
- More Breaking News Headlines
- Tornado hits OKC suburb, kills 51